November 27, 2019 11:52AM
For me, and I'm sure for many of you... Holiday are a time of celebration.. but also a time of remembrance.

When I carve my Turkey tomorrow it won't only be my living family members present.. it will be all those who have passed on as well.

So not sure I posted this before... in my old age my memory is TERRIBLE... but never the less.. this actually happened:

Miracles do happen! I believe that. A few years ago I decided to visit the gravesites of some relatives who, for the most part, had for the most part been forgotten. Wrote about one of them here, Concetta... some time back... this is about Carla.

I had not visited Carla in many, MANY years. Carla was my Mom’s half-sister, and she died young. 16. Spinal Meningitis. I was 3, maybe 4, when she died.. and yet, I have a memory of her. A few year’s ago…

I bought her some flowers, on the spur of the moment, and went to her gravesite to say “Hello”. This was during the drought and no water was available at the cemetery. Grass was dying, no water from the spigots. I placed the flowers on her headstone.. spent some moments visiting her… took a photo (the photo you see in this post), and returned home. I had also taken the GPS coordinates so that maybe, just maybe, my kids would come across them and visit Carla one day in the future.

And so… I’m entering the GPS coordinates onto my computer, for posterity sake, and I happen to notice… (remember, this is AFTER I had visited Carla), her birthdate. May 17th. I immediately called up my calendar on my computer, (I never know what date it is)… and what I discover is that it’s… “May 17th”. I had just accidentally visited Carla on that date? I don’t think, no, I really don’t think so. Thank you, Carla. - Jimmy

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sorry for being overly sentimental here... Holidays... Attachments

JamesJM125November 27, 2019 11:52AM

Wow! Funny you bring this up.

Ramgator68November 27, 2019 02:41PM