July 12, 2019 06:23AM
The Military. I belong to an Italian club, the Dante Club. Normally when we meet we just eat a lot, cuss a lot, play some Bocci. Last night we did something a little different, not sure how it begun...

We began sharing old military tales. Most members never served but several did. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard... some reservists, most branches represented.

Everyone who has served will immediately recognize the old saying, "Wouldn't do it again for a million dollars, wouldn't take a million for the experience". I have come across few who disagree with that.

Not going to tell a bunch of old Army stories here... but I do want to mention one thing that I have found very interesting since being released from the Military back in '73. It's amazing how often I'll meet someone who was stationed very near, OR AT, the same places I was stationed and nearly, or exactly when, I was there. Ran into one last night. Stationed less than 5 miles from where I was stationed in Germany AND partially at the same time.

Rambeau and I were both stationed in Germany....not at the same time but we know many of the same places.

I suppose if you live long enough that's bound to happen, meeting people like that.... but it sure seems to happen a LOT.

Anyway... unless you served I think it's impossible to explain the instant camaraderie that instantly takes hold when you run into another vet. Fact is - of all 'common ground', like meeting someone who attended your high school, visiting the same distant and little known country, etc... I don't think anything tops running into another Vet. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hey Iowa, you might like to know.... My oldest Son switched back to USN!

Ramgator184July 11, 2019 04:09AM

COOL

IowaRam126July 11, 2019 01:48PM

I will pass this info to my Son.

Ramgator86July 12, 2019 04:24AM

IYAOYAS

IowaRam78July 12, 2019 03:30PM

Not hijacking your thread... just, well, hijacking your thread...

JamesJM70July 12, 2019 06:23AM

2 years ago, when the Rams came here to play the Jags...

Ramgator103July 12, 2019 10:28AM