June 04, 2019 05:14PM
I think I posted some time back that I bought all the Columbo episodes. Came on a set of DVD's. A short time back I began watching them, chronologically. I have not finished yet but I'm well over half way through and well into the 'later' episodes... the final 2 maybe 3 years.

Can't speak for the final episodes I have not watched BUT... I do like the earlier ones better...even though the production value of the later ones is much better. Obviously.

So getting to my point in this post.... a well known actress. I never liked Faye Dunaway. First thing I saw her in, (that I remember), was Bonnie & Clyde which I thought was a very weak film as far acting and Faye was the worst... this is just my opinion, obviously... I'm sure many of you love her, she's a very well respected actress. But I saw her in few films after B&C and was never impressed with her UNTIL...

This Columbo episode I just watched. Name of the episode is "It's All In The Game". To put it succinctly, she is marvelous. I was surprised, even shocked... but no denying the fact that she was fantastic in the role.

As I always do after watching a movie, or even a TV episode, I got on IMDB and looked up that episode.... not to read about Faye, it's just what I always do... find out who directed, names of all the actors, perhaps read some bio's, check movie locations.... I do that, it's just me. And Lo & Behold I find out that Faye won an Emmy for this role. It 'could' also be the best acting I have seen from Peter Faulk as well.... but don't get me wrong... I LOVE HIM in this role, all episodes, but this one stood out.... again, to me.

One more thing - - - ( get it? hehehehehe)

As you well know I'm an old classic movie junkie.... I adore them. Well, most of them... there are no shortage of really bad old classic movies... which in their way I can still enjoy somewhat. laughing smiley

I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu.... and the number of old classics available are few. For the ones that are critically acclaimed few are available for FREE.... that doesn't stop me, I'll buy them in iTunes. Just bought "The Maltese Falcon", for example. But added this 'one more thing' to this thread just to mention this:

I don't think there is anything more relaxing for me than to sit back, with a glass of good wine (or not), and watch the Golden Age Of Hollywood unfold on my HD TV. Not sure what I'll watch tonight.... I have never seen the old Charlie Chan movies... maybe it's time. - JamesJM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 05:30PM by JamesJM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Columbo.... a well known actress... and one more thing....

JamesJM253June 04, 2019 05:14PM

Re: Columbo.... a well known actress... and one more thing....

BlueRidgeHorns217June 05, 2019 05:54PM

William Powell as Nick Charles..........

Arkansas Ram168June 07, 2019 04:37AM

You got that right....

JamesJM134June 07, 2019 05:35AM

Our nicknames for each other are Nick and Nora...

Arkansas Ram137June 07, 2019 07:36AM

You probably already know this

IowaRam133June 07, 2019 04:18PM

I'm far to busy

IowaRam132June 07, 2019 04:36PM