Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For me football has begun. (High School)

May 31, 2019 11:04AM
Passing League Tournaments are under way.... and will continue for 5 weekends in a row.

7 on 7 passing league tournaments were, and are, meant as preseason prep for the upcoming football season BUT... they are taking on a life of their own. I would not be at all surprised if 7 on 7's become, (if they haven't already), a sport itself.

With no tackling, no hitting, it would be easy to say 'boring'... and perhaps it is for most... but not me, and not coaches, players, parents,.

If you're unfamiliar with 7 on 7... the basic rules are: The QB has 3.5 seconds to get rid of the ball or it's a 'sack'... timed with a clock/buzzer. RB's are in the game but no runs, passes only, (some tournaments allow runs). First Down markers at the 25 and 10yd lines. Once inside the 10 you get 3 downs, (usually). 20 minutes games with a running clock. Two hand touch but usually called with 1 hand.

Other rules can apply... types of plays allowed, etc.

These tournaments are taken quite seriously.... IOW it's for real. As intense as an actual football game. Nearly every High School around me now participates in at least a couple of these tournaments every summer. Yes, it's voluntary. My grandson's HS will play in 5 of them this summer. More and more JV teams are starting to have their own tournaments.

Anyway... they are FUN.... take a lawn chair, an umbrella, sit on the sidelines, yell at the officials... FUN. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

For me football has begun. (High School)

JamesJM135May 31, 2019 11:04AM

Pass interference ?

waterfield71May 31, 2019 01:17PM

What?

JamesJM76May 31, 2019 04:49PM

Re: What?

waterfield71May 31, 2019 08:06PM

I don't get that...

JamesJM81June 01, 2019 04:22AM