Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Especially for history buffs....

June 30, 2018 03:15PM
After watching Band of Brothers for the 3rd time, I started researching the men who were in the U.S. Army 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, Company E. I'm just fascinated by who those men were, what they did in the war, and was really curious about their lives after they came home. So I've spent a lot of time hunting down photos, documents, obituaries and any information I can find about them..

Anyhow, today I stumbled across the most interesting website of FREE history books.
CPT Richard Winters' book "Beyond Band of Brothers" is there as well as a ton of Biographies & Memoirs, Ancient History & Civilization, Post-Classical History, Modern History, and Military History. There's also a section called "Video Lectures". I couldn't believe it. I scrolled through some of the digitized books that are out there and just clicked on some random chapters to see if they were accessible and they were!

So, if you like history... you will probably find a book (yes, they are free) on this site that interests you. You can't download them from what I can tell, but you can read them online if you don't mind doing that.

If you like to read and you like history, go have a look. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

[erenow.com]

Just click on one of the headings at the top of the page and you'll be able to browse selections from there.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Especially for history buffs....

MamaRAMa181June 30, 2018 03:15PM

Can never find much on the Revolutionary War

IowaRam83July 01, 2018 06:50AM

Thanks!

Atlantic Ram78July 01, 2018 07:18PM

It's a great site...

JamesJM73July 01, 2018 07:30PM