Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reedley WR's... and yeah, some grandson stuff...

June 23, 2018 08:50AM

That's last year's photo of the Reedley JC WR's. BUT.. only two have moved on. My grandson is to the coach's right, (your left). My grandson and the WR on the coaches left are the starters... my grandson plays in the slot.

Three days ago my grandson invited the other starting WR, (on the coaches left), to go out on my boat with my family. His name is Nick. I had only seen Nick on the field of play, in uniform. He's good.. in fact, he was Reedley's leading WR last year. So here's what I was expecting before I met Nick:

Tall, tough, hardened football player. And he actually is all those things... but he also...

when you see him up close in person, looks like a baby. Or rather... very, VERY young. Acts it too... just like my grandson. I think if you're a fairly good athlete 'maturity' is delayed somewhat. laughing smiley

That's something I've always noticed about PRO players as well.... most look 'old' on TV and then you see them in person and WHOA.... they're children. Big and strong children but kids.

I remember seeing Incognito up close, (a few years ago in Phoenix when he was with the Rams), and he already had his 'bad boy' reputation... but LOOKS-wise... he was an infant. Biggest 'baby face' I think I've ever seen. Bratty baby, but a baby. (hoping he doesn't read this).

On the field HUGE, TOUGH, MEN... off the field? They still can't remember to brush their teeth every morning and never in a million years remember to pack every piece of their gear for a game. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Reedley WR's... and yeah, some grandson stuff... Attachments

JamesJM100June 23, 2018 08:50AM