Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blood Pressure Meds.... LOL... yeah...

June 22, 2018 12:44PM
maybe, it's a good question.

I've gone thru periods of avid listening to one particular genre of music so many times that I don't think there are many genre left I haven't been into at one time or another. I'm like you... still into hard Rock...although I do not listen to it very often these days. Depends on my mood... and mostly these days, with grandkids always present and my family being 'naturally loud' to begin with that today I most often seek quieter music.

Funny thing about 'old' or 'vintage' music.. it is not most often I retreat into the music of my generation but rather the generations that came before me.. or nearly before my time.

Currently I'm very into movie theme songs.. both instrumental and vocal but mostly instrumental. I think that then and today the people who select the background music to movies are extraordinarily gifted... but with a difference. THEN - I think they allowed the theme, plot, emotion of a movie to dictate the music... today I think that's reversed. (this is generally speaking).

I'm in awe of those who compose to match the tone of the movie... Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 Morning Mood comes to mind... from the old days, featured in many cartoons. We've all heard it, it's impossible to have NOT heard it even if you don't recognize the title. It literally IS the sound of 'morning'. laughing smiley Google it, listen to it, and try to NOT think of the sun coming up in the morning. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Went to see Paul Simon Tuesday nite....

roman18141June 22, 2018 07:19AM

Paul is an amazing talent...

JamesJM76June 22, 2018 09:55AM

Nicely said.....

roman18185June 22, 2018 12:19PM

Blood Pressure Meds.... LOL... yeah...

JamesJM84June 22, 2018 12:44PM

Can't be the BP meds..

sstrams103June 22, 2018 01:30PM

LOL....