Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kind of related...

October 19, 2017 03:07AM
At least the 'negativity' part.... but this has a 'feel good' ending.

Have you read my posts about the year I'm having? It's surreal. No exaggeration.. everything I own has broken this year. I'm not going to list them all.. you wouldn't believe me... but I CAN prove it.

My TV went out. I bought a new one. The new one went out in less than 3 months. They sent me another. While waiting my old computer went out.. the one I bought to replace it went out. My NAS Drive went out. My new ice maker broke. Had a flat on a new car. Another flat on my pickup. I could go on...

So the new TV came in, the replacement, the third replacement... I attached the wall mount, lifted it onto the wall. Present were me, my son-in-law who helped me lift the new TV into place... my wife, and my daughter.

I plugged the TV in... put the batteries in the new remote... turned to my son-in-law and announced, "any doubt in your mind this TV isn't going to work?". That's when I got what you got... my wife and daughter called me "Mr. Negativity"... my wife was actually angry when she called me Mr. Negativity and got up and left the room

I hit the power button. Nothing. Unplugged, replugged, checked batteries. Fiddled with all connections. Nothing. This newest replacement did not work.

could have been the proudest moment of my life as I taunted, "Mr. Negativity huh? Isn't that what you called me? Watch this.. (and I clicked the power button 3 or 12 dozen times proving that the third replacement was defunct) all the while taunting... "yeah, Mr. Negativity... on yes, I'm Mr. Negativity right?"

So as you can see... a 'feel good ending'... The 4th replacement comes in sometime next week. Wanna bet me that it's going to work? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dodgers

waterfield319October 18, 2017 08:01PM

Kind of related...

JamesJM136October 19, 2017 03:07AM

Peanuts

waterfield126October 19, 2017 08:14AM

Speaking of which...

JamesJM137October 19, 2017 08:49AM

you are the worst fan

ferragamo79126October 19, 2017 07:31AM

Re: you are the worst fan