Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thought I was gonna cry from pride at Parent/ Teacher meeting today.

October 18, 2017 10:17AM
Earlier, I had my bi yearly meeting at my boys school. BOTH of my boys are doing SUPER this year. It's a small private school with just one teacher / one asst in each class. My boys have the same teacher. My oldest has been on cruise control for the last 3 years. My youngest??? Well, many of you recall what I went through 6 and a half years ago. Aside from that, he has a eye condition that eliminates just about all horizontal eye movement. His Mom and I held him back after 3rd grade and 5th grade because reading was a problem. Till he learned to adapt to his condition, it EXHAUSTED his eyes ability to focus when reading, hindering learning. Last year, he started High School courses and struggled BIG TIME. EVERY EVERY day, I told him to NEVER give up. He didn't and barely passed. Something clicked over the Summer, I could just feel it. This year?? He is making nothing but As and Bs. The young man has BATTLED....BATTLED HARD and now is on cruise control....just like his Brother.

THE KICKER TODAY........His Teacher told me that last week, Joshua wanted to speak with her and the assist. outside in the hall. (I'm thinking..OH BOY! What's wrong) She told me that Joshua wanted to thank them,in private, for all the work they have done to help him improve. As she told me that, she was fanning her face, holding back tears and BEAMING. I was so proud, I felt 10 feet tall and was holding back tears myself. I HAVE told both boys to respect the work teachers do but I, nor his Mom, did NOT put him up to this. I have never been so proud! So let ME say...Here's a HUGE thanks to Teachers out there!!

And again, today, I thank God for the "all clear" 6 and a half years ago! ( LOL I'm stopping. I just got something in my eye! LOL)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thought I was gonna cry from pride at Parent/ Teacher meeting today.

Ramgator240October 18, 2017 10:17AM

That is GREAT news...

JamesJM97October 18, 2017 10:26AM

good for you

21Dog130October 18, 2017 03:51PM

That's awesome, 'Gator..

sstrams107October 19, 2017 05:00AM