Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inaccurate photo of all the states I have visited...

June 28, 2017 09:12PM
I say 'inaccurate' because in 1970, possibly early 1971, some Army friends and I traveled up north from New Jersey. I cannot remember our route. I know for sure we visited at least one, perhaps two or three of these states - Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont.... but I cannot say "WITH 100%" assurance on any of them... so I left them all out. I'm also not 100% sure about West Virginia, I'm about 90% sure... but I left it out as well.

The state I visited for the shortest period of time was Ohio.. in and out in minutes.

Outside of my home state of Ca., obviously, the states I have been in the most (duration, not # of visits)... and this is guesswork... and from most to least: New Jersey ( I lived there), Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Alaska (Maybe Idaho beats Alaska).

Of the states not on my list the 3 I'd like to visit the most, in order - North Dakota - Vermont and New Hampshire, (even though it's likely I already did visit the last two).

Of the States I HAVE visited and would most like to return to, in order: Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Texas.

Ok... this is NO DISS... I pinky swear... because I don't have a 'good reason'.. the State I am least interested in, (does not equate to NO interest)... Florida. Sorry RamUK, Les, Ramsgator. ALTHOUGH.. I would LOVE to visit Cape Canaveral.

Friendliest States I have visited: Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma.

Least friendly states I have visited: California and New York (that's mostly New York City BUT... didn't get a lot better upstate). I included Ca. because even though it's my home state it qualifies.

States that I would most like to move too.. in order - Montana, Texas, Arizona, Oregon. No east coast states BUT a shout out to Virginia and N & S Carolina. Loved those east coast states but just too crowded.

In all my travels the single place that amazed me the most... I think most would pick "The Grand Canyon".. and for damn good reason. It's awe inspiring. But for me I'm going with the Uinta Mountain range in Wyoming/Utah. And here's why... It was friggin' Alaska away from Alaska.. I was NOT expecting that. And I'm not saying I 'liked it' the most... just saying it amazed me the most.

- JamesJM

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Inaccurate photo of all the states I have visited... Attachments

JamesJM433June 28, 2017 09:12PM

Texas will welcome ya.....

sstrams175June 29, 2017 03:09AM

Re: Inaccurate photo of all the states I have visited...

73Ram192June 29, 2017 08:43AM

Belmar...

JamesJM186June 29, 2017 10:17AM

Re: Belmar...

73Ram219June 30, 2017 10:47AM

Do you still call Pizza a "pie"?

JamesJM171June 30, 2017 11:08AM

Re: Do you still call Pizza a "pie"?

73Ram202June 30, 2017 12:07PM

Thats Amore

IowaRam195June 30, 2017 01:13PM

just a few states I have been in.