Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here's why I like smartphones...

June 21, 2017 10:52AM
and this post has NOTHING to with trying to get you to buy one. laughing smiley If you get along without one then I say "You're doing it right".

I use my smartphone for pretty much the 'basic' things.. I don't play games, well, maybe a game of cribbage now and then, or get all creative with it... with photos, or video.

Sports Texting... this is the primary use of my smartphone. Actual phone calls are WAY down on the list. With so many grandkids playing sports I can't attend all games so my family and I have group text messages to keep the whole family informed on scores, big plays, etc.

GPS I use all the time. Very handy. My car has bluetooth so they sync well. I also play music from my phone through my car stereo quite bit. Although.. I'm terrible at changing and creating playlists so I tend to NOT do so meaning I get sick of the playlists I have.

Contacts: I almost do not have a single phone number memorized these days. Sometimes I have to look at my contacts to remember MY number. Not a big problem because I seldom make phone calls... BUT... email yes, that I do a lot. see "*"

Finances... I'm pretty close to 100% dependent on online services for all finances.. investments, checking account.. you name it. AND... I'm getting closer and closer to carrying NO credit cards because I can pay directly from my phone. True that I usually use my desktop for finances but I use my smartphone a lot.

Reading this board, and a couple other websites I frequent.. but I almost NEVER reply with my phone, even if I want to, because it's too hard to type on. * - typing - I reply to email often on my phone.. but my replies are terse, to say the least. Mostly a simple "OK"... perhaps a "yes" or "no".

And that's pretty much it. I don't 'shop' much from my phone unless I know EXACTLY what I want and have to get it ordered NOW. Other than that I like my desktop so I can research purchases more easily.

So ok, with ALL THAT said... if I was to lose my smartphone tomorrow, (which I will, I lose it for short to long periods of time EVERY day), I wouldn't be all that put out without it. I'd be fine.

So my smartphone: I can live without it.

My pocket knife: indispensable.. without it I would have an anxiety attack leading to a full blown panic attack leading to cardiac arrest and death. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Twitter Account was hacked...

JamesJM464June 21, 2017 05:25AM

Really?

sstrams207June 21, 2017 06:04AM

It does seem strange, doesn't it?

JamesJM219June 21, 2017 06:14AM

Yeah, I don't know jack..

sstrams207June 21, 2017 07:01AM

Here's why I like smartphones...

JamesJM189June 21, 2017 10:52AM

Why I would get one and why I wouldn't..

sstrams188June 21, 2017 11:09AM

Ok, good point... gotta mention this about GPS...

JamesJM172June 21, 2017 11:30AM

GPS will someday make me lose it...

sstrams197June 22, 2017 03:03AM

strange, yes but.......

21Dog203June 21, 2017 07:38AM

It would have been robo-hacked

RamUK248June 21, 2017 05:07PM

hehe, that would have done it...

JamesJM181June 21, 2017 05:14PM