Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Harry's Shave Club 2 months in Review....

December 06, 2016 07:22PM
Not going to keep you in suspense... the final decision is yes, it's worth it. BUT... probably not for the reasons you think.. (it's not a better razor)...

First, and to repeat, shaving is subjective... what works for me may not for you, and vice versa. I firmly believe that... actually, I KNOW that.

Ok, to point: And I can only really compare this to Gillette... not regularly using any other company, but I have used ALL of the Gillette blades from disposal to the most expensive. Harry's blades do not give as 'close' a shave. In my old age my rate of beard growth has decreased considerably. Before the age of 45 no matter what I shaved with in the morning I'd have heavy stubble early that evening... no longer the case. I will still have stubble but nothing to speak of. With the 'expensive' Gillette blades I can get by without shaving 'again' in the evening... (If need be, as in, I'm going somewhere)... I'll have some stubble but nothing to worry about. With Harry's blades and if I want to appear clean shaven I have to shave again. (note: right after the morning shave I can't tell any difference, so there's that)

Comfort.. nothing that really stands out but I'd give the edge to Harry's. I DO like their pre-shave lather.... not a LOT more, but a little. It's too expensive.

Lasting... no doubt, Gillette blades last longer. But I should note: I'm a miser when it comes to blades and NOT having sensitive skin I can stretch a blade out for a very long time. Never the less Harry's is still cheaper and by a wide margin.

Consistency... all of Harry's blades are the same, not so with Gillette. I get almost exactly the same number of shaves with each Harry's blade. With Gillette it can be very different...one might last me 2+ weeks, I have made one blade last as long as a month.... but the next blade may not even make it a week. With Harry's it's almost exactly a week per blade. Two at the very most.

Final Judgement: Harry's wins... but actually not for any of the above reasons. It wins because having blades delivered is HANDY... no more trips to Walmart to enjoy Waterfield's favorite pastime of standing in lines observing 'folk'.

And My Final Statement... I'm very proud of myself... a quite somber review regarding a topic that I really don't give a flying two #$@#$ about. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Harry's Shave Club 2 months in Review....

JamesJM526December 06, 2016 07:22PM

Re: My Harry's Shave Club 2 months in Review....

sstrams254December 07, 2016 03:40AM

Yup, pretty close to the same thing...

JamesJM270December 07, 2016 10:22AM

save money this way Jimmy

ferragamo79237December 07, 2016 10:31AM

That's a very good idea...

JamesJM260December 07, 2016 10:33AM

The best part about this surgery..

sstrams240December 07, 2016 11:47AM

I don't know why, Steve, but that didn't occur to me...

JamesJM280December 07, 2016 12:09PM

Well, most people..

sstrams235December 07, 2016 01:07PM