Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I love breakfast... but not senior moments...

November 20, 2016 08:58AM
I love all breakfast food - and even though I don't 'regularly' eat breakfast it's probably my favorite meal. Cereal, Eggs, Pancakes, Waffles, Ham, Sausage, Hash Brown, BACON, Biscuits and Gravy - (one moment while I clean the drool off my keyboard)...

So this morning, (here comes the senior moment).... I'm craving waffles, having not had them in some time. I call my daughter, across the street, to come and make me waffles.... she replies that they are just finishing breakfast and they had pancakes. I prefer waffles, for whatever reason, but pancakes will do - so she sends my granddaughter across the street with two pancakes fresh off the grill. Yum Yum. Would have been yum yum, that is, should have been, but that's when the senior moment kicked in...

I'm searching the pantry for the syrup... locate it, begin pouring it over my pancakes.... doesn't take like for me to realize that the smell I'm getting ain't maple. Not even close to maple. I look at the giant bottle of syrup, (costco bottle), and it's a brand of syrup I'm not familiar with, it's called soy sauce.

If you're thinking of asking what it tasted like you're goofy... I can eat most anything but even though I was intrigued not even I could summon up enough courage to give that combo a try. Alas and alack, that was the last of the batter. I had cold cereal. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I love breakfast... but not senior moments...

JamesJM456November 20, 2016 08:58AM

My senior moment...

sstrams281November 20, 2016 09:27AM

Lol... you win

JamesJM261November 20, 2016 09:30AM

Well, I had medicinal help...

sstrams278November 20, 2016 10:14AM

I am jealous...

JamesJM251November 20, 2016 04:37PM

They affect people differently..

sstrams279November 21, 2016 05:06AM