Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KYNO.. you listening Dog?

October 19, 2016 09:37PM
For the rest of you... our local area had two mega-huge AM radio stations in the 60's, 70's. KYNO and KMAK You were either a KYNO person or a KMAK person and there was no 'mixing'. Well, not that you could admit anyway.

It was BIG... and if you doubt me... the movie "American Graffiti" was based on a Modesto radio station, not far north of here. We took our music seriously. I even met, in person, the legendary "Wolfman Jack" once... even big city guy Waterfield will know him.

KYNO, not so long ago, came back. Same music, same "Ads"... that's right, even all those local, (almost all of them local), ads with their jingles now play daily. The Disc Jockey's seldom come out of character..it's the 60's and 70's, and they are doing it VERY well.

I hear songs I have not heard SINCE... literally. And a LOT of them are fantastic. I'm not as good with the 'lyrics' as I would have hoped but I'm not bad. It's top 40, or whatever number it used to be. They have 'special' segments where they feature a year or an artist. I think the Beatles have a weekly show.

In all of that... I have found that I haven't changed. Love it all but I have favorites... I, as you know, was and remain a big Rhythm and Blues guy.. so the Temptations, Joe Tex, Lou Reed, push my buttons. But I was also a BIG "Surfer Music" aficionado...

not the "Beach Boys', (most famous), necessarily... though I liked them a lot... but those 'instrumental' surfer bands I loved... the Safari's, The Ventures, Santo & Johnny... (think Pulp Fiction sound track).

SOOOO many individual vocalists that I had forgotten, (not their music but couldn't recall their names).

Also noteworthy... Many, and I mean MANY, of those British groups that came on the heels, and beneath, the Beatles.

so anyway, FUN. And I'll leave you with this: Does your baby love "The Hanky Panky"? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

KYNO.. you listening Dog?

JamesJM831October 19, 2016 09:37PM

Re: KYNO.. you listening Dog?

MamaRAMa423October 20, 2016 04:15AM

My Wife and I LOOOOVE the Music Choice 70s channel on cable!

Ramgator362October 20, 2016 04:32AM

I work at a college and I was talking

ferragamo79402October 20, 2016 10:13AM

I remember KYNO from back in the day

21Dog486October 20, 2016 05:17AM