Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OK, so I just watched the first episode

October 04, 2016 07:14PM
I knew the general plot going in because I saw the original movie on TV when I was maybe 10... But I haven't seen anything on it since then.

As far as whether I liked it or not... Well the acting for the most part was pretty good... and the writing, although very good, stumbled at times IMO. There was so much set-up in the first episode that I felt like I was being told the precursor to the actual story... so I wish it would have been shorter or moved faster. I guess they had to write the first episode so everyone would get up to speed.

My favorite part was when Black Hole Sun started playing on the player piano, lol...

So all of that out of the way. I like Hopkins and the blonde girl and her father (who I thought was very good). Harris makes a great bad guy. I'm interested in the next episode(s)

I will find myself grow sympathetic to the robots and hope that they start mowing down the @#$%& that go there to abuse them... but of course that is one of the irrationalities because of course they are robots. To a large degree why should I care what happens to machines? They flirt with the premise of the robots developing a conscious (or perhaps some would say 'soul') and I imagine that will continue through the series. And then there is the god-game aspect to it. It's all very interesting.

I think its pretty cool that the robots interest with each other even when there are no people around to hear them. I guess they have to just in case.

I am confused about the bullets they use... They don't hurt humans but they kill robots...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

anybody watch Westworld on HBO

ferragamo79589October 03, 2016 05:47PM

OK, so I just watched the first episode

Atlantic Ram372October 04, 2016 07:14PM

stopped watching...

Atlantic Ram290November 12, 2016 06:22AM

I'm on episode 6

ferragamo79283November 12, 2016 06:46AM