Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great to be with so many of the Herd Today...

September 18, 2016 11:21PM
I'll post more soon, perhaps... tonight just a few words - I'm exhausted. The drive home was hell... getting out of the Coliseum, bumper to bumper until Burbank... and then of all things construction on I5 that delayed me more than an hour.

Tis a truly magnificent group of people, this group. Saw Saguaro first.... I called him, or he called me, can't remember which, for his exactly location... which turned out to be 10' in front of me, the guy talking on a phone. thumbs up smiley Actually, when he turned around.. I recognized him instantly from meeting him in Az. a few years ago. Sag had two beautiful women with him, taken unfortunately, by Sag and AZ. Soon I saw Rampage, Sacram ( didn't know he was going to be there) and his brother. Ramsrule was a little late but made the scene before we all went into the Coliseum.

Ramsrule had his family with him.. his lovely wife who has the greatest accent in the world... (she doesn't think she has an accent, she thinks I do.... she's probably right)... and two of Ramsrule's kids, (had two of my grandson's with me).

For tonight just one quick tale from the gathering... Ramsrule's son... not sure how old he is... maybe 8 or so? 9? I could be way off. I was introduced to him, he didn't say much... as kid's don't... but just before going in, as I passed by, he told me I missed a 'great game'... he had gone to the Angle's game the night before. (I had watched the last few innings on TV)... and he was EXCITED.. started running down the game to me.... with gestures, great facial expressions, he was on my "A" list immediately.

Like he had known me his entire life I stood, an AVID listener, as he told me about the game. No, "so you were a farmer once huh?" or "you married?"... or "where are you from"... nah, NONE of that trivial stuff... right to the meat and potato's of male bonding... I made a friend for life in less than 5 seconds.

Angels won, Rams won... Ramsrule and family had one magnificent sports weekend... I was thrilled for him.

and to sleep... Long weekend... a very, very, very good weekend. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Great to be with so many of the Herd Today...

JamesJM684September 18, 2016 11:21PM

Re: Great to be with so many of the Herd Today...

Shaky429September 19, 2016 02:28AM

One of these days..

sstrams474September 19, 2016 03:22AM

Me too

Atlantic Ram428September 19, 2016 09:43AM

They soothe my soul.... Photo Attachments

JamesJM458September 19, 2016 05:53AM

James the Gentleman Farmer

LesBaker399September 19, 2016 03:18PM

been to the coliseum

JamesJM428September 19, 2016 03:36PM

Re: Great to be with so many of the Herd Today...

MamaRAMa411September 19, 2016 05:58AM