Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very old, very blurry photo of my band...

August 12, 2016 09:26PM
Refresher... in the late 70's the band I started was called "The Mountain Oysters"... still my favorite all time band name. Our lead singer in that band moved to Weed, Ca. when he bought a cattle ranch there. A few months later the bass player and I went looking, found 3 other guys, and thus began:

"Buckskin".... Buckskin was together from 1980 until 1995 when our lead singer, my cousin, was killed in an auto accident. The photo is of Buckskin and I believe our first year together. This photo was taken during a parade and our longest gig of all time... the record stands to this day.. it was actually more than one gig.. if memory serves it went like this:

We played in the parade about 9am, (photo), then set up and played in front of a Drive-In Restaurant, (same road) until about 3pm. We then packed up and went to farmer's barn and played until 10pm. As we finished another farmer said, "Tear down, we'll help you, come to our barn because we want to party some more". We did... and we finished playing at about 6:30am. We had gotten to the parade at 8am, the previous day, so 22.5 hours with maybe a half hour of down time between gigs.

any way... I'm on the far right, white cowboy hat. Sorry for the very poor quality. And by the way, the cousin who left from Weed came back, about 1995, so we reformed and became "Panoche Creek Band" and still are today.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Very old, very blurry photo of my band... Attachments

JamesJM863August 12, 2016 09:26PM

Mountain Oysters...

sstrams518August 13, 2016 04:19AM

Re: Very old, very blurry photo of my band...

IowaRam513August 13, 2016 07:47AM

You know what, almost everything I said above is wrong....

JamesJM558August 13, 2016 08:27AM

so let me get this straight

Deadpool504August 13, 2016 03:13PM

Actually Sheep testicles...

JamesJM544August 13, 2016 05:07PM