Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wouldn't want to be in my granddaughters shoes today....

March 11, 2023 07:06AM
It's Cheerleader tryouts today - for next season. 60+ little girls, ages 4 to 7, applied.... not sure how many get chosen but it's somewhere around 25? Lot of broken hearts today.

My granddaughter is the leader for the Mighty Mite group... not sure what her 'title' is. The judges are brought in, not from around here.... some Fresno State Bulldogs Cheerleaders... various others from around the county. My granddaughter has nothing to do with the selections so she's off the hook, right? Ummm, think again. laughing smiley There will be the wailing and gnashing of teeth, and I can say that with confidence because it's that way every year. By this afternoon there will be friendships made and friendships torn asunder never to be repaired. Happens every year.

And I'm not referring to the participants... the little girls. If not chosen they'll cry then move on and lose no friends. It's the parents.

Of course this happens as well with the boys when they tryout for the teams.... but ummmm, not as much. Can be vicious when it does however.

So phones will be off the hook this evening in prep for the barrage of irate parents calling to voice displeasure.

By the way.... my home will be filled this evening with 50+ teens! I have stocked my bedroom with scotch and beer in prep. My granddaughter is having a B'Day party. Her birthday is not until the 27th but she'll be in Europe then so the party must be today. Wish me luck. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wouldn't want to be in my granddaughters shoes today....

JamesJM135March 11, 2023 07:06AM

Well, perhaps I'm wrong....

JamesJM42March 11, 2023 10:49AM