Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Went to a 90th Birthday party yesterday....

January 22, 2023 10:38AM
man that was one of the best birthday parties in years for us.....Good friend of Mary's from her old job, her mother turned the age of 90.

The woman had a sash on, a tiara, and smiles all day. She has it all together as well, very cognizant. The group of people joining in were of course mostly her family but quite a few neighbors as well dropping in having a bite, showing pride in knowing her. The household has 3 dogs, a smally, a medium size and a monster huge. The big guy looks in at the party but wanted someone to be with him, so I went out only to find out I was duped into playing fetch, non stop...had to cede over after like 20 min., my arm was giving out..LOL....

When I came back in Lucy (the party girl) asked Mary and me how the RAMS did this year.....blew my mind....Mary goes off on the crazy bad luck and she is taking it all in with gasps, no way's etc......

I'll tell you something about getting old, I have issues with aches/pains, cancer treatments (yes still continuing, but nearing the end), but Lucy showed us what it's all about....all those years can be a great amount of stories, memories, and chances to have a whole bunch of friends, they don't have to be around your age either. All her neighbors coming over to see her could have been in range from grand kids to he own kids.

We brought some REAL BBQ, chopped pork BBQ with 3 choices of dippings and slider buns.....other brought potato salad, and a great bean casserole Mexican style...sub sandwiches, and even some sushi......no need to mention the cake(s) yes she had 2 cakes.....

Great time, I thought it would be kinda like oh how are you and kinda sedated atmosphere, but little kids were screeching and laughing, people were eating, dogs were roaming and a parrot was ringing bells in a cage.....The Grand Marshall, never lost her smile......
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Went to a 90th Birthday party yesterday....

roman18166January 22, 2023 10:38AM

Sounds like a fantastic party....

JamesJM63January 22, 2023 11:41AM

On April 21 my dad turns 100

txramfan81January 24, 2023 08:10AM

Wow.. living a good life..

sstrams49January 24, 2023 08:20AM

awesome nm

21Dog46January 24, 2023 10:18AM