Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BUMMER of a day. Lost our neighbor two doors down and my favorite BBQ joint closed.

January 20, 2023 04:20PM
Our neighbor...."Mr Roger" as we called him, passed in Hospice Care at 89 years. He was a retired Minister and a very cool guy. He had been in Assisted Living for a year and a half. I STILL look for him shuffling down the street with his dog. But....He is with his Wife, who passed 6 years ago and his dog who passed just weeks after she did. He was an old school neighbor who was like another Grandfather.

I also found that Fat Boys BBQ in Ocala was sold. That place was THE measuring stick for BBQ Pork sandwiches by me and my Dad. We first ate there in June 1974. I have been there 5-6 times in the last 9 years. I loved it because it had not changed ONE BIT from 1974. Some say it was dated but for me, it was an AWESOME flashback to a fun trip with my Family..all whom have since passed away. Hearing of the Closing / Sale was a punch to childhood memories.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BUMMER of a day. Lost our neighbor two doors down and my favorite BBQ joint closed.

Ramgator97January 20, 2023 04:20PM

This year has started out very poorly..

sstrams50January 21, 2023 06:18AM

Yes! AAAAND... We are getting older.

Ramgator56January 21, 2023 01:10PM

Absolutely true..

sstrams45January 21, 2023 02:41PM