Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I look like Barney the Dinosaur....

November 18, 2021 02:27PM
that is - - purple. My arms. I take heart medication so I get those purple blotches anywhere a feather brushes against my skin.

So today I am putting on my new pickup seat covers and the back rest in the rear needs to come out. Enter the design from hell. All the youtube help videos explain it but what they don't tell you is that you need toothpick arms to get behind the seat and reach the clip retainer. I don't have toothpick arms... and I'm not exaggerating... you need ultra-skinny arms to get behind the seat. I tried... and the result is: I look like Barney. One of my grandsons has much thinner arms so he was able to do it..... eventually! But even he came out of the chore bloody.

I have said this many times - - - things, (all man made items), are designed today to make it as hard as possible for you to do any self-repair. It's intentional - $$$$$$$.

After pulling the back rest out I looked at it closely, how it was designed to be removed... and it took me all of about 10 seconds to think of umpteen gazillion other ways they could have designed it to make it easy as pie. Which brings me too:

Could a company survive today that made their products actually repairable, simply repairable? I'm not sure... is 'service' their only actual profit margin? I think maybe yes... because I don't think there are many today who are willing to spend a month looking like Barney. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I look like Barney the Dinosaur....

JamesJM227November 18, 2021 02:27PM

it's not just you.........

21Dog138November 18, 2021 03:47PM

I never thought of that, and I think you're right...

JamesJM64November 19, 2021 08:59AM

I'm on blood thinners..

sstrams127November 19, 2021 09:24AM

you're too young to have to deal with this....

JamesJM161November 20, 2021 04:16AM

That's what the cardiologist told me..

sstrams96November 20, 2021 11:12AM