Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do people even watch the MLB All Star game and or HR Derby?

July 14, 2021 09:30AM
I lost interest in the HR Derby several years ago and the All Star Game before that. I sorta blame the Yankee / BoSox love fest with losing interest in the A.S. Game......and my general loss of interest in MLB. I grew up a Cubs fan. It's just not the same without them on WGN. Or the Braves on TBS. I also REALLY miss the days of the NBC Saturday Game Of The Week. I hardly know any players on any team. Heck, when I was 12, I could mention at least one player on every team! Following highlights USED to be easier back when ESPN was not a Social Commentary station that will spend 30 minutes SHOUTING over a NBA game in December. IMO, the game of baseball itself has taken a nose dive. It's all about Home Runs in tiny "modern" fields. Players Golf for the fences on every other swing. Hustle in MLB SUCKS (NOBODY digs out grounders anymore!)

It sorta bums me out because I miss being in tune but so many factors have made it simply not that much fun anymore. My topic question is directed mostly outside this board. I KNOW several on here chat baseball often. I just hear very little elsewhere. I rarely even hear kids talking baseball anymore, much less adults. Even when the Cubs won it all a few years back, it just seemed anti climatic....IMO
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Do people even watch the MLB All Star game and or HR Derby?

Ramgator71July 14, 2021 09:30AM

Re: Do people even watch the MLB All Star game and or HR Derby?

MamaRAMa38July 14, 2021 09:40AM