Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ya reminded me, Waterfield... murder....

November 16, 2020 07:31PM
After you mentioned British mysteries it dawned on me that Christmas season nears... AND....

I have this somewhat odd Christmas tradition. I read a murder mystery, nearly always British, every Christmas season.

Ok.. back off all you armchair psychoanalysts. Yes, I know that's a bit odd... but it's "Christmassy" to me.... armchair, pipe, near the tree, hot spiced wine, reading glasses, and a good ole murder mystery novel in hand.

Sometimes I read a couple, or even three or four. For this season I bought one titled "In The Woods"... set in Dublin, Ireland. Can't tell you much about it, just started it, but it's not off to a good start for me... leaning towards 'serial killer', (may turn out NOT to be that, at least I hope), and I'm more partial to locked room murders, murderers who wear dinner jackets and take walks in gardens surrounding manors and such, or perhaps murderers who are good at macrame and know a lot about poisons (women). Also turning me off... the victim, at least this first one, is a child... Everyone knows all us adults are worthy of being murdered so sometimes I can cheer the murderer... but children? Nope.

So anyway... yup, artificial tree is up, murder mystery in hand, the Christmas season has begun for JamesJM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ya reminded me, Waterfield... murder....

JamesJM328November 16, 2020 07:31PM

Re: Ya reminded me, Waterfield... murder....

MamaRAMa152November 16, 2020 08:24PM

I didn't know that.. .I'm about half way into it....

JamesJM93November 17, 2020 02:25PM

I should have listened to you...

JamesJM127November 19, 2020 05:08PM

Murder mysteries

waterfield105November 17, 2020 02:02PM

I should have kept a written record....

JamesJM110November 17, 2020 02:21PM

Nearing the end of this first whodunit....

JamesJM94November 19, 2020 12:38PM