May 20, 2023 06:49AM
S'ok.... I have no right calling them "My Celtics"... I've never really rooted for them in my life. I don't have a favorite NBA team. I picked them this year for this reason: Just because. I know two of their players by name... well, last name anyway.

Funny thing about me and basketball. I'm not a fan, of the NBA anyway... I do watch some NCAA basketball. BUT.... when I'm watching an NBA playoff game... I love it. I get excited. Sometime I will switch allegiance DURING a game. Say in a Denver vs Phoenix game I'm - "GO SUNS!..... wait, GO NUGGETS.... nah, GO SUNS". Real NBA fans hate watching NBA games with me.

The closest I ever was to being an NBA fan was WAY back... when the Lakers and the Celtics were going at each other.. Wilt, Russel, I'm talking a LONG time ago. AND...I was a Laker fan at that time.

I'm much more involved in the NHL... I don't follow the NHL as avidly as I used to but I still love it. Right now it's tough because all the teams I really like have been eliminated.... except one... whom I am pulling for because my friend Ramsrule loves them... Carolina. So that's my team.

It's that time of year when I lose track of NASCAR.... checking very irregularly. I'll be back into them around Sept but then kinda of lose track again as the NFL gets underway.

Baseball I watch today quite a bit. Still without a true 'favorite team' BUT... I root for several MLB teams. How about my Orioles? laughing smiley Also... since we have some avid Dodger fans on this board I'm tagging along. Same with the Cards and the Cubs.

Today... I'm all "HORSE RACING"... it's the Preakness today!!!! HUGE sporting event for me. My guess is that only Waterfield from this board will be glued to the TV like me when the horses are "At The Gate". laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Celtics are in deep doo doo....

JamesJM111May 20, 2023 06:49AM

Re: My Celtics are in deep doo doo....

waterfield47May 29, 2023 12:22PM

I think you're right.....

JamesJM45May 29, 2023 07:21PM

Re: I think you're right.....

waterfield58May 30, 2023 06:18AM