March 13, 2023 09:28AM
I've been watching the Academy Awards every year since I was a little girl. I wouldn't miss them for anything. I don't watch tons of current movies but I love all things Hollywood. I always have. One thing I noticed over the past few years is that there always seems to be a quirky, odd, sorta weird "I-would-never-watch" movie up for some awards. I remember The Life of Pi being one of those a few years ago and this year, it was "Everything, Everywhere, All At Once". I've only seen clips and trailers of it but that movie looks so bizarre to me... I have no desire to ever watch it. Angela Basset looked like she'd been hit by a truck when she lost the Best Supporting Actress award to Jamie Leigh Curtis. She's a fantastic actress and should have won for What's Love Got to Do With It thirty years ago... but the new Black Panther movie sucked, in my opinion. Because it was such a crappy movie, her performance didn't shine as much. I think Jimmy Kimmel is an excellent host. This is the 3rd time he's hosted the Oscars. He's very funny. Most of his jokes are clean, not offensive, and he doesn't elicit many groans from the audience.Oh... and there was no red carpet this year. After 60 years, they changed the color from red to "champagne" (looked gray to me). It had something to do with sunsets and evenings. The explanation for why the producers decided to change the carpet color sounded like a bunch of New Age mumbo-jumbo. Kinda like the silly explanations we got for some of the changes to the Rams uniforms!

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Academy Awards

MamaRAMa127March 13, 2023 09:28AM

I see James movie won Best Picture

IowaRam63March 13, 2023 01:13PM

Re: I see James movie won Best Picture

MamaRAMa60March 13, 2023 01:33PM

Re: I see James movie won Best Picture

IowaRam68March 13, 2023 01:39PM

I was happy it won....

JamesJM78March 13, 2023 05:36PM