Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Self Reflection: What is needed for the future

December 13, 2022 03:44AM
The road ahead for the Rams gets a lot more difficult though I believe the window is open for another year after which we will be in cap hell for a few seasons.

Here are some questions I believe McVay should be asking himself.

Why didn't Goff work out? It seems he is doing well in Detroit and he did well in LA before defenses changed could McVay have done things differently? Was I too intense with Goff and did that mess with his confidence & contribute to his poor play?

Why has the Rams offense not been that good for the last few years? Do we have an offensive philosophy problem? Why do we fail to make adjustments during the game? Why are we so predictable? Are we leveraging all the roster talent that we have to the fullest? Why did we take so long to get ARob going? When we were desperate for big plays how come we didn't put Tutu in to at least try and go deep to loosen the defense? Are we taking what the defense is giving us or are we trying to force our will on the defense?

Do I need to step back out of the weeds to gain perspective? Do I need someone on my coaching staff that can help me gain perspective? Maybe an older experienced offensive coordinator could help McVay implement his offensive ideas better. Are we losing some of McVay's creativity, one of his best traits due to handling all the day to day coaching tasks? Someone that can help McVay make better in game adjustments?

What are my plans for rebuilding after next season? How do I switch modes from competing for a Super Bowl to building a Super Bowl competitive team? How do I find joy and motivation and rejuvenate myself as I take on the challenge building the next great Rams team?

Do I need to have more of an imprint on the defense? If so how? Do I figure that out before I have to replace Morris who will get a head coaching gig sometime in the future?

I believe in McVay and he has spent most of his time with the Rams on the mountain top but it is in the valley's of life when you have go through trails and have to dig deep that growth happens most. This is where you plant the seeds for the next harvest, for the next multi year Super Bowl contender. Yes, we may have one more shot but it is also time to do a little longer term planning and get ready for the immense challenges that lie ahead.

Anyway that my 2 cents.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams HC McVay: ‘This year has forced a lot of self-reflection’…

Rams43252December 12, 2022 11:25AM

Self Reflection: What is needed for the future

David Deacon122December 13, 2022 03:44AM

Your 2 cents???

Ramsdude175December 13, 2022 04:03AM

Re: Self Reflection: What is needed for the future

Rams43100December 13, 2022 05:48AM