Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thus whole Atwell thing has been a fubar from the jump…

December 06, 2022 10:48PM
Drafting Tutu: I think the reasoning behind drafting Tutu was that McVay wanted to add someone who could be explosive to the offense and on their draft board he was the highest rated guy that fit the bill. From the recent small sample size it seems that Tutu is able to make explosive plays as he has caught a few really big ones and last week was wide open but he was under thrown. I understand the logic if McVay wanting to draft capital to add a explosive element to the offense.

Many are disappointed in his draft pick because they wanted an offensive lineman and many on the board were cheering for Humphrey to be the pick if he was still on the board. To the surprise of many he lasted to the Rams pick and they passed on him and he went on to be an all pro. It feels almost like when years ago we passed on Wagner. I get it and now that almost the entire line has gotten hurt this seems like an even greater sin.

Why not play Tutu more? Last year he got hurt so that is easily explainable. This year Tutu apparently did really well in camp but was nowhere to be seen except for a few plays, a few explosive plays. Here I am with 43 in wondering what the heck is wrong with McVay. The offense clearly has been in dire need of an explosive playmaker other than Kupp and this has been clear all season long. Early on Kupp was it and they couldn't even seem to get Robinson going. Tutu did get in for a few plays and Stafford hit him on 2 long bombs but then he was put on the shelf. Everyone blamed Tutu for not being ready but is sure seems like he was ready to me. I think McVay may got so focused on fixing what is broked using the tools he has and he neglects to gain perspective.when looking for answers.

McVay was right the offense did need an explosive playmaker in addition to Kupp. Yes the also needed a center too. McVay got to see Tutu in camp but I think he had to prioritize getting Robinson and to some extent Skow integrated into the offense and prioritized that over getting Tutu on the the field. Unfortunately it was clear all season long that we needed someone who could loosen up the defense and he was sitting on the bench the whole time.

My biggest gripe about McVay is the inability to make adjustments but I mostly focused on in game adjustments. McVay is a great planner and leader and often sees the big picture in ways that are inspiring. BUT he doesn't impress me as a great play caller and he may be a bit of a control freak during games which causes him to lose perspective. I now see that it may be his lack of perspective to try using Tutu on a limited basis to loosen up the defense that was packing it in because our oline sucked do bad becuase of injuries. If he added a little Tutu he might have gotten Robinson going to.

When he had Perkins start the game I thought his game plan sucked and that his in game execution of that game plan sucked too. Running the ball into the line that can't block is killing us. I doesn't work and hasn't worked all season long. You start a mobile QB but limit his effectiveness with a bunch of 3rd and longs. I feel that all season long we have been trying to play an offense, McVay's offense but haven't had al the right pieces to make it work. It is on McVay for being stubborn and not realizing that he needed to change things up to succeed. The man is a walking genius and could design a whole new playbook in a few days if he had to. Too bad his lack of perspective did not allow for him to step back and see what was needed.

What do I know? I am just a fan and have no inside scoop. I still believe McVay is a prodigy and he has had great success but he has some blind spots that cause him to loose perspective when it comes to solving problems. He is in the weeds when he needs to step back and think outside the box. He is so structured and regimented in his time management and how he runs the team with every minute accounted for that when things blow up, like out line did, the great value of the planning, the regiment, the micro time management which mad you successful in the past is not what is needed. Sometimes you need to let the coaches do that so that you can take that genius mind and spend some time being creative and looking outside the box for a new set of solutions.

I am sure McVay will do some soul searching this year and as he does he will grow and improve as a coach. The injuries to the offensive line doomed us but we could have been better and maybe finished around 500 which BTW doesn't excite me that much anymore. I guess the best news is that we have a bunch of young guys that got an opportunity to play and we have a much better idea of who can step up next season. Only thing left for this year is to see who can step up.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tutu Atwell Apology form Attachments

Ramsdude608December 06, 2022 11:37AM

Re: Tutu Atwell Apology form

Arkansas Ram111December 06, 2022 11:50AM

Classicalwit98December 06, 2022 12:22PM

Possum Lodge Tutu Fan Club?

mtramfan177December 06, 2022 06:25PM

Re: Possum Lodge Tutu Fan Club?

Arkansas Ram50December 07, 2022 03:41AM

Ridgewood Ram84December 06, 2022 11:57AM

Hmm, well.....

JamesJM176December 06, 2022 12:06PM

When he becomes a solid contributor for several years

promomasterj67December 06, 2022 12:12PM

Re: When he becomes a solid contributor for several years

YOUNGBLOOD85224December 06, 2022 12:19PM

Killrazor61December 07, 2022 12:04AM

SoCalRAMatic51December 07, 2022 02:39AM

I'm with you. Jury still out.

NewMexicoRam52December 06, 2022 06:40PM

Count me in, as well... BUT..

sstrams84December 06, 2022 12:20PM

Re: Count me in, as well... BUT..

Ramstien62December 06, 2022 12:25PM

Good Point sst!

Ramsdude57December 06, 2022 12:27PM

Aww man.. Love the Kevin chili gif...

sstrams63December 06, 2022 01:18PM

Re: Count me in, as well... BUT..

Rampage2K-67December 06, 2022 01:22PM

Thus whole Atwell thing has been a fubar from the jump…

Rams4362December 06, 2022 04:47PM

Re: Thus whole Atwell thing has been a fubar from the jump…

David Deacon49December 06, 2022 10:48PM

I remain skeptical

LMU9373December 06, 2022 04:58PM

BumRap37December 07, 2022 04:03AM