Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: until we've been officially eleminated we keep fighting

November 18, 2022 03:57PM
If you can't block, you can't win. Ram fans suffered many year's starting with the end of the GSOT of perennially injured OLs. The good years recently corresponded with far better than average OL continuity. There isn't a coach or player on that team that doesn't know that with a street FA caliber line...wins will be nearly impossible. The defense has to produce several turnovers just to have a fighting chance. But desperately chasing turnovers compromises the defense.

11-6 would be a great season so mathematically they have no reason to quit. Just get one win and trust the process. Develop character. Stay connected. Perhaps Allen and Edwards can get healthy enough to play better. Perhaps the offense becomes less predictable w Kupp out a bit. If they can't envision a way to win...they won't.

I haven't seen this team quit yet. I've seen helplessness and frustration...but no quit. Years like this are inevitable in football. The luck factor has been unkind this year. But most of us warned for years that they weren't investing enough in the OL. I sure wrote about it every spring. To me, the great OLines of the 70's and 80's were my favorite units.

But it was only a few months ago the Lombardi came to So Fi. Had they done things differently, we might not have that trophy. None of us believed it would all fall apart so quickly...but nobody could have guessed the unprecedented string of OL losses they would endure.

BTW, S T A N T H E M A N, INVEST IN A GRASS FIELD. Protect your men. You, sir, are part of the problem
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wont be surprised if Wolford Starts and maybe some Perkins and Stafford sits again

BerendsenRam141November 18, 2022 10:29AM

until we've been officially eleminated we keep fighting

Rampage2K-83November 18, 2022 10:35AM

BerendsenRam58November 18, 2022 11:31AM

Ramstien40November 18, 2022 01:53PM

Leoram61November 18, 2022 03:55PM

Leoram41November 18, 2022 03:57PM

Please stop saying these are preseason games

promomasterj91November 18, 2022 11:05AM

Re: Wont be surprised if Wolford Starts and maybe some Perkins and Stafford sits again

george_allen55November 18, 2022 03:58PM