Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good Points 3030

November 10, 2022 07:46AM
When critiquing Morris is easy to forget that this is the defense that McVay wants.

McVay dumped Wade's scheme and brought in Staley because he wanted the Fangio defense. He brought in Morris, who had no history with the Fangio defense, and they continued to run the Fangio defense. Not saying Morris can't run it, but one has to wonder if this is the defense he would run if given the choice.

You raised a very valid question! beer cheer smiley

So is Morris not running the "Fangio" defense correctly or is simply not making the adjustments in certain situations due to, as you say "had no history with the Fangio defense"?

Now that I read what you said, it kinda makes sense. Not having a "history" of running the Fangio D would certainly mean he might be limited knowledge wise as to when and how to change things up to counter what is going on in a game.

Not FULLY knowing the Fangio D would explain why sometimes he seems to not be as good at "situational football". Maybe that's why he seems to rarely deviate from the "basics" of the Fangio D?

I wonder how Fangio himself would play our D against the whiners? Or even a "true" Fangio disciple with a few years of running the system under his belt?

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2022 07:54AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Basic pros and cons of ‘bend, don’t break’ D by Snaz…

Rams43104November 10, 2022 06:28AM

As an aside…

Rams4368November 10, 2022 06:35AM

What always seems forgotten

3030110November 10, 2022 06:51AM

Good Points 3030

Ramsdude50November 10, 2022 07:46AM

Re: What always seems forgotten

ramBRO128November 10, 2022 07:49AM

Three things…

Rams4390November 10, 2022 07:55AM

Re: What always seems forgotten