Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

elephant in the room- Matthew Stafford

November 08, 2022 01:56PM
yes, we all know the OL is the MAIN issues and has caused most of this mess, but after watching the All-22 after several of these losses....Stafford is just missing too many big play opportunities and just simple chain movers in every game....

I'm not just talking about the obvious ones you all can see like when he missed a wide open Skow last week on 2nd and goal, that ended up ultimately costing us big time as we had to settle for another 3 instead of 7, I'm talking about the ones you can only really see by watching the coaches tape.

Last week for instance on our very first drive, he passes up Kupp for an easy 10-11 yard gain and chain mover, he inexplicably checks it down to Hando on the sideline but throws it at his feet.

same drive, 3rd and 5 he misses Kupp or Arob on a crosser and throws it to Higbee and another dirt ball that was well short of the first down anyways banghead

Punt...and another dreadful 3 and out to start the game....

Later on in the first half on a nice designed roll out he tries to hit Kupp on the sideline that goes well out of bounds and incomplete as he's running towards the sideline, but had Stafford just stopped running towards the only defenders and saw Jefferson breaking wide ass open for what would have been a 70 yard TD(if he catches it) and we are up 14-3, but instead we punt again.

these weren't the only examples in that last game alone and it has been happening all year...instead of first downs and touchdowns we are punting.

I'm not saying he needs to hit all these plays, but if he just hit a few of them it could have been the difference in wins and losses this year.

Stafford is one of the lowest rated QB's in the NFL this year and it isn't all on McVay and the OL issues ...it is well past the time for him to step up and get back to being the dude we traded Goff and all those picks for....

Don't want to start a bash Stafford thread, I will forever be greatful and a fan for life for what he did for us last year, but if he doesn't start playing better, the Rams will continue to lose games we should have won....like last week

[www.instagram.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

elephant in the room- Matthew Stafford

Rampage2K-341November 08, 2022 01:56PM

Re: elephant in the room- Matthew Stafford

3030182November 08, 2022 02:00PM

I agree with both of you on this

JimYoungblood53134November 08, 2022 02:06PM

Re: I agree with both of you on this

3030139November 08, 2022 02:17PM

He has a chronic back issue, too.

JimYoungblood5395November 08, 2022 02:22PM