Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead on Rams edge opposite Floyd…

October 02, 2022 06:21AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

Thus far IMO Lewis is a good edge but far from a dominant edge that teams need to gameplan for. In other words they have a fine rotational player but far from the dominant edge the Rams really want. The fact they drafted Hardy and signed McKinley is testimony to what Snead and McVay are looking for. Especially the signing of McKinley. He's a proven vet who a few years ago would have been a good match for Floyd. But career was derailed by injury and immaturity. Now that looks to be behind him and he could be ready to return to form.

There was a reason he was a first-round pick and he validated that his first two years. If he does return to form the Rams would have a steal and the edge they need to start opposite Floyd. They would have a Dante Fowler type of edge but one who is more versatile, i.e. able to drop into coverage allowing Morris to use Wagner's pass rushing ability.

I like Lewis, I always have since he was drafted. Though he's developed into a good player, he's not the force they envisioned when they drafted him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead on Rams edge opposite Floyd…

Rams43336October 02, 2022 06:21AM

My 2 cents…

Rams43187October 02, 2022 06:40AM

Re: My 2 cents…

Classicalwit114October 02, 2022 01:00PM