Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ego

September 09, 2022 02:36AM
kw13
Credit to the Bills. Wow.

I think a big piece of the problem is McVay believes he has some super team.

That he can't afford to play anyone during preseason.

That they are THAT good.

Truth be told, we were behind against SF and Cincy last year and managed to win those games. Thank goodness we didn't have to play KC or Buffalo.

Some may still say it is better to lose your first game and have your players available for post-season.

Maybe. I know we have typically won our first game but every year I say "it's all good until it's not."

We weren't ready. We were rusty. We're not even that good.

McVay is running a system based on play-action. I think the league is sort of past that. At least the top tier teams.

It's early, but I think we're not as good as we thought.

And chemistry with a lot of new players takes time. We may find it, but again I go back to we should let the starters get some full pads reps in preseason and not have your first reps count.

We were embarrassed and that should not happen. Loss was fine against a top tier team, but to not be very competitive, only scoring when they kick out of bounds and you have to go for it on 4th down is a sign that we were not ready to face a team like the Bills.

Just a couple of years ago he was a trend setter when he did this, how he was brillant, one step ahead of every other HC in the business. How things change!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ego

kw13288September 09, 2022 12:08AM

GroundPounder123September 09, 2022 02:36AM

Ramstien148September 09, 2022 02:42AM

McVay's biggest problem is he never has a "Plan B".

Ramgator111September 09, 2022 03:39AM

Re: McVay's biggest problem is he never has a "Plan B".

Ramstien169September 09, 2022 03:42AM

There's nothing wrong with be less physical than another team.

Ramgator83September 09, 2022 03:49AM

ABQRam123September 09, 2022 03:50AM

droopy131September 09, 2022 05:03AM