Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McCutcheon had the game but where’s the separation.

August 14, 2022 06:23AM
hammer
I only saw a handful of plays, so maybe someone will enlighten me, but what I did see was McCutcheon making fantastic catches on routes were he had no separation and the ball was thrown poorly. What. I didn’t see was any and I mean any separation from the defenders, who are all trying to make Chargers roster and who will most l likely not. Does Stafford throw so poorly? No, Does he throw contested passed? Yes, but does he throw contested passes to the third receiver when Kupp and soon Robinson have created separation. If it’s going to be contested I want Robinson. TUTU is not likely to comedown with either of those TD passes, his size makes that very difficult. But his size and speed make it more likely he would have had actual separation from the defenders. TUTU is not likely to break those tackles, that was very impressive. But again if TUTU creates separation and Stafford is passing he would simply be running away from the defenders. Two very different type of players. McCutcheeon didn’t have the benefit of a QB who is accurate and can deliver a ball on time. What was Sean want in a third receiver? Someone who can run precise routes, create separation and I believe someone who can take the top off the defense. Can McCutcheon do that? Let’s hop as the preseason goes on that this continues to be a battle and that McCutcheon is able to prove himself capable of doing what must be done to win regular season games. Let’s hope TUTU gets his opportunities to shine has well. But, I wouldn’t write off TUTU because McCutcheon made two contested catches against backup and soon to be cut defenders.

Perkins is not a quality passing QB. Let’s don’t dismiss McCutcheon for making chicken salad out of chicken ‘stuff’ passes. Few WR’s could have done as well as McCutcheon did last night (although Allen Robinson is certainly one of them).

It’s early, but I’m impressed with what I’m seeing on the field and I want to see more. I’m already convinced that Snead has found another developable gem in this McCutcheon kid in udfa at the very least.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McCutcheon had the game Tutu wishes he could've had

Ramsdude497August 14, 2022 03:22AM

Gee, you don't have any animosity towards TuTu do you?

roman18132August 14, 2022 03:59AM

No animosity..well maybe a litle lol

Ramsdude109August 14, 2022 04:33AM

I’m keeping an open mind on Atwell until I see on-field evidence…

Rams43116August 14, 2022 05:38AM

hammer109August 14, 2022 06:00AM

Rams4395August 14, 2022 06:23AM

Vertically...,..lol Nm

Arkansas Ram49August 14, 2022 06:29AM

Re: McCutcheon had the game Tutu wishes he could've had

Shecky102August 14, 2022 06:29AM

Rams43115August 14, 2022 06:38AM

Shecky72August 14, 2022 06:50AM

Rams43143August 14, 2022 06:57AM