August 05, 2022 10:50AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Cooper Kupp explains why doesn't consider himself a top-5 WR

Skyler Carlin
August 5, 2022 11:34 am PT

Cooper Kupp is coming off one of the best seasons in NFL history by a wide receiver, posting 145 receptions, 1,947 receiving yards, and 16 touchdowns en route to helping the Los Angeles Rams win a Super Bowl. Despite becoming just the fourth wideout since 1990 to win the Triple Crown (lead all wide receivers in receptions, yards, and touchdowns), Kupp explains why he doesn’t consider himself a top-5 wide receiver in the NFL in an interview with Brandon Marshall and Adam “Pacman” Jones – an interview in which he was asked to list the five best wideouts in the NFL.

“I think most receivers in this game, most guys playing at this level, they’ve got something that they do better than anyone else. Every receiver you just had on this list is great at something. I think every single one of those guys is a better athlete than I am, quicker than I am, better out of their breaks than I am, all of that stuff,” Kupp said. “Those guys are the best of the best when looking at this list.”

After making the first list of his top-five wide receivers, Kupp wanted a chance to make some revisions. In his second — and official — copy of his top-five, Kupp included Davante Adams, Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs, Ja’Marr Chase, and Odell Beckham Jr., in that order.

It wasn’t surprising to see Kupp be humble with his response, but he recently responded to Jefferson, who said he was a better wide receiver than Kupp, so he doesn’t lack confidence in himself. While continuously showing his humility in the interview, Kupp shared how he’s been able to have success in the NFL.

“The thing to me that I’ve found a way to do is I found a way to be smarter than people, process things quicker, and to make things really hard on people. I want DBs guarding me, you see DBs do EDDs (everyday drills), I want to make them do all their EDDs when guarding me. I want them flipping their hips, I want them to turn, plant, break, I want them to do all of that stuff. If you’re guarding me, I’m going to challenge your technique to see if it’s where it’s supposed to be.”

You could argue that guys like Adams and Diggs have shown more consistency at the wide receiver position, largely due to Kupp missing time in his career due to injuries. Even though Kupp doesn’t want to mention himself as one of the top-five wide receivers in the league, it’s hard to argue he isn’t in the premier class of wideouts right now.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cooper Kupp explains why doesn't consider himself a top-5 WR

BerendsenRam324August 05, 2022 10:50AM

Re: Cooper Kupp explains why doesn't consider himself a top-5 WR

napoli161August 05, 2022 11:14AM

Ramstien153August 05, 2022 11:37AM

Leoram184August 05, 2022 11:47AM

Ramboni105August 05, 2022 12:24PM

SoCalRAMatic60August 05, 2022 01:18PM

Cooper Kupp’s parents definitely raised him right…

Rams43106August 05, 2022 02:10PM

Re: Cooper Kupp’s parents definitely raised him right…

BerendsenRam69August 05, 2022 03:36PM

Old Goat106August 05, 2022 04:23PM

george_allen105August 05, 2022 04:56PM

BerendsenRam69August 06, 2022 08:28AM