Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Decobie Durant is looking forward to proving he belongs in the NFL

June 27, 2022 09:19AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Decobie Durant is looking forward to proving he belongs in the NFL

Cameron DaSilva
June 27, 2022 7:42 am PT

Decobie Durant wasn’t a name most fans knew when the Rams selected him in the fourth round of the 2022 draft. He went to a small school, South Carolina State, and was a slightly undersized cornerback compared to some of the other top players at his position.

But despite being a lesser-known prospect, the Rams loved what he put on tape during his time at SC State, particularly with his two-interception game against Clemson last season.

Durant still has a lot to prove after making it to the pros, and he can’t wait to show that he belongs in the NFL.

“I’m looking forward to pretty much being able to show them that I belong,” Durant said on the Pivot Podcast. “Coming from South Carolina State, a lot of people counted me out. They’re probably saying I can’t compete with the bigs, or I ain’t play against elite talent on Saturday. I just really want to show them that it don’t matter where you came from.”

Durant was graded as a sixth-round pick by NFL.com. He was considered undersized and “could struggle with bigger slot targets,” which are fair criticisms of his game. But Lance Zierlein also wrote in his scouting report that he “plays with tremendous confidence and competitiveness.”

“It wouldn’t be a surprise to see him outperform his draft slotting,” Zierlein wrote.

Durant has some work to do if he’s going to be a Day 1 starter with the Rams because he plays a position that’s pretty deep in Los Angeles. But he’s also learning from the best, Jalen Ramsey, and dedicated to succeeding in the NFL.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Decobie Durant is looking forward to proving he belongs in the NFL

BerendsenRam353June 27, 2022 09:19AM

Re: Decobie Durant is looking forward to proving he belongs in the NFL

SoCalRAMatic116June 27, 2022 01:23PM

Ramsdude141June 27, 2022 01:41PM

BerendsenRam106June 27, 2022 04:08PM

Ramstien180June 28, 2022 04:59AM