Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay reveals he gets more sleep than you probably think

June 23, 2022 09:53AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Sean McVay reveals he gets more sleep than you probably think

Cameron DaSilva
June 23, 2022 11:31 am PT

Sean McVay is a different coach now than he was when he first got into the NFL – and even compared to his first two seasons with the Rams. He’s said himself that he’s calmer and more grounded now than he was when he first started, and part of that is the result of McVay getting more sleep.

During the season, he works tirelessly to get the Rams in position to win each week, but he still finds a way to get eight hours of sleep … some nights.

While talking to Mike Silver, McVay revealed that on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, he manages to get in at least eight hours of sleep – which shocked Silver.

“But Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night, that’s a slippery slope, we won’t go down that,” McVay said.

How much does Sean McVay sleep during the season? More than I gave him credit for, apparently. From the inaugural episode of Open Mike @TheVolumeSports @ColinCowherd @RamsNFL pic.twitter.com/wNhilYm9tu

— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) June 22, 2022

The Rams coach shared some perspective on the positive benefits of sleep, adding that he gets up at 3 a.m., but not because he thinks it’s cool to say he gets up so early.

“I don’t think it’s cool to, like, be up at 3 in the morning,” he said. “I just think I can get up earlier, I can get a lot more stuff done. I’ve always been one of those people that when I get up, I’m firing, I’m sharper in the mornings. But once the evenings come around, I’m a little bit more edgy, I’m a little bit more irritable. … I just end up earlier but I start earlier, so it’s the same amount of time a lot of people put in.”

He says “banking that 24 hours in that three-day span is a big deal” and being committed to that routine has helped him. So while he might only get, say, 4-5 hours during the week, he’s resting up before and after game days, which is important.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay reveals he gets more sleep than you probably think

BerendsenRam268June 23, 2022 09:53AM

That's surprising

Ramsdude171June 23, 2022 12:35PM

Re: That's surprising

Killrazor110June 25, 2022 12:50AM