Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So what's the deal?

June 21, 2022 01:18PM
Everyone seems to have something nice to say about Morris. According to comments, he's a great DC, is great with the players and has a ton of experience on both sides of the ball and as a HC.

So why isn't he getting ANY looks at all? I mean he literally only had ONE interview this off season while guys with little to no experience as a HC were getting MULTIPLE interviews and were being hired. After all, he is coming off a SB win with a very good D and "no name scrubs" were getting hired and he wasn't.

He might be the ONLY coach that hasn't benefited by the "McVay Effect". To me, that's mind boggling. Just knowing McVay seems to be enough to get a job. I hear McVay's mail man is being considered for the Post Master General job! lol3

He seems like a nice enough guy and has all the intangibles you could want in a HC. So what gives? Are all the comments just people being nice and saying the right things or is there more to this story than we on the "outside" will never know?

I am on record as saying I wasn't impressed with Morris this year. I think he was "spoken to" about changing things as the season went on and it worked. The D seemed to improve.

How much of the improvement was due to Morris?

How much improvement was due to his being "talked to" about changing things?

How much of the improvement was due to Von Miller starting to play better later in the year and playoffs and also having MULTIPLE HOF'ers on his D? With all that talent on the D, it sure should have made his job easier, right?

IMO, the lack of interest in him for HC says a LOT about how he really is viewed by his peers. Apparently he is well liked around the league but no team is confident he would be a good HC.

Some people are better coordinators than HC's. Maybe Raheem is one of them. Will he ever get a HC job again? IMO, this was his best chance and he got ZERO interest. Let me ask my Magic Eight Ball...

Will Morris ever be a HC again?

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mike Tomlin on Raheem Morris: Best coach I know who doesn't have a head coaching job

BerendsenRam404June 21, 2022 12:24PM

So what's the deal?

Ramsdude243June 21, 2022 01:18PM

McVay Coaching Tree

h2omelonhead225June 21, 2022 06:22PM

There are things I like about Morris

Ramsdude371June 21, 2022 03:24PM

Re: There are things I like about Morris

george_allen345June 21, 2022 04:09PM

Re: There are things I like about Morris

Ramstien196June 22, 2022 03:27AM

Me too