Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes, that link is the correct one

May 19, 2022 04:00PM
Only three teams improved their original 2019 grade up to an A today in Prisco's evaluation: Rams, Niners, Titans. Rams improved from a B to an A...

Los Angeles Rams
2019 Grade: B

The Skinny: They traded out of the first round — they are allergic to it — and added extra picks. Their first pick came in the second round when they drafted safety Taylor Rapp. He has become a sometimes starter who will compete with 2019 seventh-round pick Nick Scott this season. Both started at times a year ago. They also landed starting corner David Long in the third, starting defensive tackle Greg Gaines in the fourth and starting guard David Edwards in the fifth. That's great drafting. Backup running back Darrell Henderson came in the third.

How I did: I liked third-round tackle Bobby Evans, but he's just a backup, although he has started. I really liked Gaines, saying he would be a steal. He is. I questioned taking Henderson where they took him, even though I liked him as a player.

New Grade: A

San Francisco 49ers
2019 Grade: C

The Skinny: They killed it with their first two picks, taking defensive end Nick Bosa with the second overall pick and receiver Deebo Samuel in the second round. Both are stars. They also added playmaking linebacker Dre Greenlaw in the fifth round. Punter Mitch Wishnowsky came in the fourth. They missed on third-round receiver Jalen Hurd.

How I did: I praised the selection of Bosa, but who didn't? I questioned the pick of Wishnowsky in the fourth. I said there were better options than taking Samuel and Hurd, so one out of two was correct with that thinking.

Tennessee Titans
2019 Grade: C

The Skinny: They had six picks and four will start this season, with one other — second-round receiver A.J. Brown being traded to the Eagles this year for a first-round pick. That pick was used on his replacement, Treylon Burks. The Titans used their first-round pick in 2019 on defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons and then took starting guard Nate Davis in the third and starting safety Amani Hooker in the fourth. Simmons is a star. The best value came in sixth-round linebacker David Long, an above-average starter.

How I did: I loved the pick of Simmons, saying he could become a force, which he has. I liked the pick of Brown, who played well for them before getting traded. I questioned the pick of Davis, who is their starting right guard. Oops. I said to keep an eye on Long, and he is a big part of their defense.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Regarding the 2919 draft: Pete Prisco looks back at his 2019 grades, here are his new grades…

Rams43358May 19, 2022 02:13PM

Re: Regarding the 2919 draft: Pete Prisco looks back at his 2019 grades, here are his new grades…

MamaRAMa172May 19, 2022 02:31PM

Yes, that link is the correct one

JYB118May 19, 2022 04:00PM

Re: Regarding the 2919 draft: Pete Prisco looks back at his 2019 grades, here are his new grades…

Rams43161May 19, 2022 06:03PM