Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay and resetting Coaches Salaries

May 17, 2022 12:01PM
I was having a thought after listening to a couple of Rams podcasts, regarding McVay flirting with the move to broadcasting.

So, firstly your about to negotiate a contract extension having just won the Super bowl and your team has had a winning season every year! Especially after the miserable Fisher years, it just adds to the blooming marvellous state the Rams are now in with our young charismatic head coach.

Amazon comes along and tries to entice McVay to headline their new Thursday night games. What's not to like about this young wonder coach, he looks born to be in the booth to be honest, McVay has also mentioned his desire to start a family and while I'm sure there is a lot of away time during the season for analysts, I doubt it is as time consuming as being a HC.

But he's McVays not ready to stop being a HC just yet, but if Amazon was willing to throw £20m per year at him (now Brady is offered £37m, that might increase his offer more) what does Kroenke value McVay at?

My suspicion is that this could lead to a dramatic jump in HC's salaries to keep them from jumping to the networks.

Will McVay become the first $20+M HC in the NFL?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay and resetting Coaches Salaries

OzRam341May 17, 2022 12:01PM

I have always thought head coaching salaries in the NFL are surprisingly low

RantoulRam256May 17, 2022 12:15PM

Paying him top dollar is a small price to pay

merlin166May 17, 2022 12:59PM

That's it

OzRam213May 17, 2022 05:01PM

There isn't pressure to "be the best" anymore

NewMexicoRam142May 17, 2022 05:19PM

This is where you can spend for the Best: No Cap