Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jalen Ramsey not treating first game vs. Jaguars any differently: 'It's another game'

December 03, 2021 08:40AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Jalen Ramsey not treating first game vs. Jaguars any differently: 'It's another game'

Cameron DaSilva
December 3, 2021 7:03 am PT

Look to red-hot Patriots when betting in NFL Week 13
Jalen Ramsey established himself as a shutdown cornerback in his three-plus years with the Jacksonville Jaguars, being named a first-team All-Pro in 2017 and a Pro Bowler in two of his first three seasons. He’s taken his game to another level with the Rams and is on his way to being an All-Pro for the second straight year, but he first became a star in Jacksonville.

On Sunday afternoon, Ramsey will face the team that drafted him fifth overall in 2016 for the first time as the Rams host the Jaguars at SoFi Stadium. And even though Ramsey has a history with the Jags, he’s not treating this game any differently than usual.

“To be honest, I don’t care,” he said initially when asked how he feels to be facing the team he used to play for.

Ramsey elaborated a bit on the subject, but he made it clear that this game isn’t about him facing his former team, especially considering he doesn’t know many players or coaches left in Jacksonville since he was traded in 2019.

“It’s cool. It was part of my journey. You know what I mean? I’m grateful for my time there, but I’m here now. I’m happy to be here. So, it is what it is. This ain’t really like about me playing Jacksonville. It’s another game, right?” he said. “I don’t even really much know people there no more. They got a whole new damn-near organization. Like I only know probably like five people on the team and I don’t even really be talking to them like that. I don’t even talk to like maybe two of them. So, I mean, yeah. I ain’t really trying to answer no Jacksonville questions or nothing about Jacksonville. It’s not about that. It’s another game. I treat every game the same. It don’t mean more to me. It don’t mean less to me. It is what it is. I’m grateful for my time there. It was cool, but that’s it.”

Ramsey has three interceptions, 10 passes defensed and 56 tackles this season, already surpassing the impressive numbers he put up last season. He’s also made eight tackles for a loss, which matches his career total from the previous five seasons combined.

The Jaguars sure seem to have lost their trade with the Rams from two years ago, given the fact that they gave up the best cornerback in the NFL for a few draft picks that haven’t netted much value yet. But Ramsey isn’t out to prove them wrong for trading him.

He’s just looking forward to helping the Rams get back on track after losing three straight games.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jalen Ramsey not treating first game vs. Jaguars any differently: 'It's another game'

BerendsenRam63December 03, 2021 08:40AM

It's a totally different team from when he was there.

Ramgator121December 03, 2021 09:11AM