Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: TOP

November 29, 2021 04:36AM
Hazlet Hacksaw
The huge disparity in TOP the past few weeks puts incredible strain on the offense.

When you are getting almost half as many plays as the other team it puts tremendous strain on the Offense and Defense. Turnovers are part of the issue but the inability of the defense to get off the field is killing this team.

1st and 22 deep in Packer's territory - not only do they not force a punt, they let the Packers go on a long FG drive. - The offense then comes out and goes three and out. - You just can't have either of those and be a competitive team.

Hell, they even gave up a 15 play non scoring drive. Defense can't rush the passer effectively if they are always in 3rd and short.

I agree Haz but this is the Morris D. Has been all year. IMO, it's a react to what the O does type D. Bend but don't break with players at key spots that aren't good enough to play full time in the NFL ie; Reeder, Rapp, etc.

We will never win the TOP as long as we keep giving up DOUBLE DIGIT time consuming drives on Defense. I think Morris is ok with long drives and expects to tighten up in the RZ but that hasn't been happening. I posted something about double digit drives the other week and that trend is continuing. We might lead the league in double digit drives given up by a winning team and also might lead the league in allowing the most TOP for the OTHER teams!

Another problem with the "long drives are ok" scheme is that AD is on the field a LOT more that he should be. IMO, this is taking a toll on the man's body and will end his career sooner than needed. Same goes for the other guys on D as well. By the fourth quarter they all look a step slower than normal from being on the field so long.

Want to increase our TOP? Run the ball more and Fire Morris!

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2021 04:37AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hazlet Hacksaw296November 29, 2021 02:59AM

Ramsdude290November 29, 2021 04:36AM

Ekern55161November 29, 2021 08:04AM

Ramsdude57November 29, 2021 08:25AM

Here are some stats from last 3, last game, and 2020 vs 2021

BearlyThere156November 29, 2021 08:21AM