Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: It donned on me...

November 25, 2021 12:24PM
I read the article and I disagree with almost all of it. Firstly, Hendu is doing a great job and needs to be utilized more. There are several jabs in this rant against the guy even though he generally succeed when given a chance. His backup doesn't matter because the Rams don't run enough to get their bell cow sweating. Last game we ran the ball 9 times. No runner can get into a rhythm that way. Also, there's no way for the OL to get into a rhythm by rarely running.
To me, it doesn't matter run or pass as long as the D can't stop what you're doing. Since were being stopped we need to execute better or try something else. I am sick and tired of everybody complaining about how Hendu isn't durable when he lines up nearly every play and the guy who is supposedly so much better is out for the year. Who is more durable? The guy playing football or the guy who isn't? And when they were both playing I kept reading the Akers was so much bigger and faster when they are nearly the same size with almost exact same speed. Hendu is plenty fast if he gets a hole he will be gone. Now, I'll offer my humble opinion as to why our HC is passing nearly every down.
Blocking. We list Woods who is one of the best blocking receivers in the league and somebody who would also have the ball on running plays. And we lost Mundt, a big TE who is best at run blocking. We also lost Harris who is a big strong fast guy who would be a strong blocker by now. So now we don't have as much beef in the run game so McVay throws. He has a great QB, the top WR in the league. A TE who can catch, a former All Pro WR and a second year WR who is really coming on. So we throw. It's absolutely not because Hendu sucks, because he really doesn't. It's not Michel's fault. He hardly gets any carries so he has no chance to get into rhythm. Citing a few weird statistics around and acting like an expert is pure hubris. This guy knows more about football than Sean McVay? Really?? McVay knew more at 8 years old. He grew up in the game. His granddaddy was the GM of those Super Bowl winning Niners. One more thought, maybe we run more when OBJ knows the plays and can block sort of like Woods did. Who knows? Happy Thanksgiving to everyone connected to the Ramily.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA Rams: What’s wrong with the Rams running game?

Rams43383November 25, 2021 07:31AM

Easy. They aren't running it. Nm

Speedball89102November 25, 2021 08:44AM

Re: Easy. They aren't running it. Nm

Ramstien149November 25, 2021 09:48AM

It donned on me...

moklerman249November 25, 2021 09:51AM

Leoram244November 25, 2021 10:20AM

moklerman83November 25, 2021 11:55AM

Leoram245November 25, 2021 02:35PM

SoCalRAMatic110November 25, 2021 12:24PM

Ramstien125November 26, 2021 04:21AM

Re: LA Rams: What’s wrong with the Rams running game?

3030109November 25, 2021 04:43PM

SoCalRAMatic111November 25, 2021 06:05PM

Ramstien130November 26, 2021 03:45PM