Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flint has some good insights here on the Goff vs Stafford difference…

September 15, 2021 07:19AM
Here’s Flint…

This topic will probably crop up throughout the season, especially if the rams continue to hit explosive plays which were mostly absent last year.
we all thought the offense would be fine without Cooks to take the top off, there are plenty of guys who can get deep, maybe not on a straight go route but in the right situations Woods, Kupp and Higs can get it done. We’ll probably never know if Goff refused to throw deep or McVay stopped calling deep shots. Regardless it didn’t happen much.
Now with a new qb and a play caller with no apprehension the offense lights up a Fangio style defense. So now the questions will come, did McVay have these answers last year and Goff took the check down? Was McVay trying to cover for Goff with the whole intermediate passing rely on RAC?
I heard Chris Simms on the radio talking about Stafford and although I don’t agree with him often this sounded pretty accurate. He said the biggest difference between Goff and Staff is that in straight passing situations where play action would be a waste of time Stafford is better, better at going through progressions, better at manipulating the defense, better at moving within the pocket. Goff may get better at these things but with AD and Ramsey in their prime the team couldn’t wait.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams give Stafford a wide range of deep targets…

Rams43230September 15, 2021 07:16AM

Flint has some good insights here on the Goff vs Stafford difference…

Rams43190September 15, 2021 07:19AM

I am curious to see how good Stafford is at manipulating defenses

Rams Junkie220September 15, 2021 09:23AM