Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams have discussed adding weight with Tutu Atwell

July 26, 2021 07:36AM
155 lbs?!?!?! I was not a big fan of drafting him where we did due to his size. How much weight can we realistically add to his frame? Doesn't sound like he's too thrilled about either.

Link

Posted by Myles Simmons on July 26, 2021, 11:08 AM EDT

When Tutu Atwell was in the pre-draft process, one of the biggest questions surrounding the receiver was his weight.

As the receiver begins his fist training camp, it’s still a topic of conversation.

Atwell is technically listed at 165 pounds on the Rams’ roster. But he’s apparently not close to that, telling reporters on Sunday that he currently weighs 155.

That’s the same weight he had at his Pro Day back in the spring. According to Atwell, the Rams have discussed adding weight to get to 160 or 161 pounds. But it’s not exactly easy for the receiver to do.

“It’s very tough,” Atwell said, via Stu Jackson of the Rams website. “I’ve got a fast metabolism, it burns fast. I mean, it is what it is. I’ll try my best. The coaches know that. So we’re just going to do what we’ve got to do.”

Atwell is joining a talented Rams receiving corps led by Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp. Whether or not he gains weight, Atwell will likely be called upon to stretch the field vertically and horizontally with his speed as a rookie.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams have discussed adding weight with Tutu Atwell

Ramsdude195July 26, 2021 07:36AM