Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On NFL Sirius channel, it's nothing but praise for Stafford

July 26, 2021 09:52AM
Charlie Weis said in strong terms that Stafford significantly upgrades the Rams' QB position. So much so that coupled with the Rams' D, he picks Rams #1 in the NFC West while acknowledging that every team in the division probably can be considered among a group that could compete for a Superbowl spot.

I've listened a fair amount and don't recall one single commentator who didn't think that Stafford wouldn't be a large upgrade to Goff (although that doesn't mean that someone thought otherwise), with some saying he's perhaps the most underrated QB of the past 10 years.

I'll just say it: the Rams may have the best combo of offensive skill weapons on one team in the NFC. To have added Jackson, then Atwell, to it and then the crazy athletic Harris (who might not do much to start the year, but by the last 3 or 4 games could add some additional firepower) gives them a deep group. Yes, it hurt to lose Akers. But the cupboard is hardly bare. That's how deep they are. And if they think that a little more at the position might help, by the end of cut downs there will be some guys that they may consider.

This all rides on a good Oline. With the changes made, it'll probably be mid-year before it gets into sync. But, it must be pretty good out of the box. Of this, it's very difficult to judge until the bullets fly. But Stafford? The QB position is the least of my worries.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Stafford admits that he’s still got a lot to learn within Rams Offense…

Rams43284July 26, 2021 07:34AM

Can't be surprised by that.....

roman18171July 26, 2021 09:19AM

Blind faith...

JamesJM326July 26, 2021 09:35AM

On NFL Sirius channel, it's nothing but praise for Stafford

RockRam262July 26, 2021 09:52AM

Re: On NFL Sirius channel, it's nothing but praise for Stafford

Leoram260July 27, 2021 02:53AM