July 19, 2021 01:19PM
Rams Junkie
With a handle like Rams for Life and not being excited at this time of year I am wondering if the pandemic understandably got you down. We are going to miss the McVay era when its gone. Enjoy it to the fullest. Come to Irvine for training camp. I'll buy you a beer or two (A San Diego brewing company Ballast Point IPA) and a surf & turf burrito.

The 2020 Rams made the playoffs.

The offense will improve from last year.

The RB position looks better than it has in a couple of seasons. The McVay Rams were great with Gurley in his prime. It was only at the end of the season that the Rams found their franchise back in Cam Aklers. That was with Akers playing through a high ankle sprain. We will get to see a young, healthy, franchise back in a McVay offense for a full season.

The WRs look better than last season. I appreciate Woods and Kupp. I was not happy about the Tutu selection. I do hope he brings some Az Hakim like big plays. Hopefully there will be splash plays from a WR with a slight build. I think DeSean Jackson has something left in the tank. There will be some NFL network ESPN highlight big plays from him as well. I liked Josh Reynolds but I expect some development from Van Jefferson. An improved Jefferson with Jackson and Tutu are more valuable than Reynolds.

The Oline can be good this year. The Rams have a legit LT. The Rams a back up LT who can pass block well enough to get the offense through a key MCL injury. I agree with ZN that Edwards is good and will be better. Maybe the Browns mistake wasn't drafting Corbett with the 33rd pick, it was trading him away for a future 5th rounder. Hopefully their is a RG between Evans, Anchrum and Brewer. There is a big opportunity for young players who have been groomed. The 99 team had holes in starting positions going into camp. Havensitein was a 2nd round pick who was retained for a 2nd contract and was the starting RT for a SB team. He has had up and down seasons. Hopefully he is healthy and holds up in pass protection.

The TEs look good. Our TE coach looks to be on an ascending trajectory as an NFL coach. He is from an NFL family and has years on McVay's offensive staff. Higbee had that dominant stretch of games with the receiving yards. Then last year he had the elbow injury. I am curious to see him healthy this year. I am glad Mundt was retained. He is a role player but McVay seemed to like his blocking. I liked Everett but I think Jacob Harris will be better. We will see if Hopkins made use of a redshirt year. Hopefully he has a jugs machine in his yard.

The QB situation looks better than last season. I like Goff. I feel like the Goff trade paid off. I still love Ferragamo for taking the Rams to a SB. Goff was the QB of a Rams team that made it to a SB. If Gurley and Kupp were healthy for the SB who knows. Son of Bum did his job. Goff won a lot of games for the Rams after years of losing seasons. I won't forget he played with a pin in the thumb of his throwing hand 10 days after surgery in a playoff game. He came across as a good guy. I wish him well. With that being said I think Stafford is at a more advanced level as an NFL QB than Goff. I think he will stretch the field vertically in addition to horizontally which stress the opposing defense.

The defense has two future Hall of Famers in their prime. There are two other pro bowl level players.

The Dline should be good. We get to watch AD for another season! Robinson looks to be in the best shape of his career. SDJ is in a contract year. Bobby Brown is talented. Gains gives some rotation minutes.

There are pieces to work with in the LB position group. I am thrilled they retained Leonard Floyd. Reeder tested as an athlete. He ran a 7,0 three cone, a 4.63 40, 1.63 10 yard, he had a 37.5 vert, 122 Broad jump. Coming from Delaware of course he was raw but he looked better than most of us expected on the field. Maybe with more playing time he continue to improve. I was not excited by the Earnest Jones pick but Jourdan Rodrigue's Fuller type draft selection comparisons were good to read. Young and Hollins got some experience last year. Maybe either Kiser or Obo put it together this year. I hope I am wrong but I think the Lewis pick was a mistake due to the knee.

The Secondary could be elite. I am thrilled to have a Rams team with Ramsey as one CB and Darious Williams as the other CB. I am interested in seeing a healthy Burgess take a large role. Fuller was a great find. Rapp brings hitting and solid tackling. Maybe Long used the two redshirt years well. I am in the minority but I am interested to see if Scott can take another step.

It is going to be a great season. Lets see if this team can string some playoff wins together.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Can't get too excited

RFL561July 19, 2021 10:30AM

Re: Can't get too excited

zn304July 19, 2021 10:39AM

george_allen218July 19, 2021 04:21PM

I'm fired up man, there is a lot to get excited about

Rams Junkie236July 19, 2021 12:59PM

Love this summary. Nice work Junkie! nm.

stlramz177July 19, 2021 01:19PM

Re: I'm fired up man, there is a lot to get excited about

AlbaNY_Ram376July 19, 2021 03:01PM

nice effort, Junkie nm

21Dog282July 19, 2021 08:43PM

droopy192July 19, 2021 03:16PM

stlramz161July 19, 2021 03:29PM

Re: I'd just like to add...

RamsFanSince69160July 19, 2021 04:11PM

Re: I'd just like to add...