Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BonifayRam with a few thoughts on Rams OLB and coaches situation…

June 22, 2021 09:58AM
Here’s BonifayRam…

Think you have a great grasp of this OLB'er situation like that you brought out that it a new day for this LB'ing cadre now that LB coach Barry has finally moved on. I believe this is a very big plus IMO!

You have now mentioned Justin Lawler several times......excellent entry if healthy for DC Morris too. Lawler has hung around now for 3 seasons & spent two of the three PUP'd indicated to me he has something special to bring to this unit. Lawler was a highly productive edge who totaled 9.5 sacks in his last season @ SMU. JL's size is one, he can be a 43DE or an OLB'er without many issues. Something to sure peak Morris's interest.

What I noticed in his rookie season before the injuries hit him was he just did everything well & was very solid for a totally unknown drafted rookie.

[www.cbssports.com]

He is also shown to be a sure tackler. I look forward to hearing reports on JL in TC as a possible starting prospect to team with Floyd. I would expect that JL has greatly improved his overall physical body & condition since we last saw him play in 2018. I should remind everyone he suited up for all 19 including the Superbowl in 2018.

Justin Hollins getting full-time exposure & his first full Ram OTA/Mimi/Training Camp & Preseason to just the OLB post (excluding ILB'er training 2019/2020 seasons @ Denver) is sure to assist & sharpen him fully to be the lead dog for that open vacancy. I like JH myself & liked Snead's decision to acquire JH after the 2020 season started.

Og Okoronkwo has far too much defensive lineman in him to be a full-fledged effective starting OLB'er. IMO it would be best to utilize Og's best talent as a designated pass rusher & reliever for both of the starting OLB'ers. This is not necessarily a negative comment here by me on Og because this DL & OLB'er unit is in bad need of good pass rushers! Thus Og might be what DC Morris & LB'er coach Shula desire! Og might also be utilized more as a weakside DE in any new 43 DL defenses Morris may ad.

My opinion of Terrell Lewis is well known here. I have written him off for this season.

What newcomers @ OLB'er bring of course is unknown.....drafted Chris Garrett, then there's well-traveled since 2020 from NYJ's & Baltimore PS is John Daka & UDFA 2021 Max Roberts fill in the OLB unit for now. Rookie Roberts could very well be a big sleeper as a pass rusher in TC look out!

[www.nfldraftbuzz.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BonifayRam with a few thoughts on Rams OLB and coaches situation…

Rams43327June 22, 2021 09:58AM