June 10, 2021 10:26AM
BerendsenRam
[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Got you bro...

Matthew Stafford excited to play with Rams receivers
Posted by Myles Simmons on June 10, 2021, 9:50 AM EDT

As Matthew Stafford readies for his first season with the Rams, he’s becoming more and more comfortable with his receivers.

Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp lead the group, with DeSean Jackson, Van Jefferson, and Tutu Atwell rounding out Los Angeles’ top five.

While there’s only one ball, Stafford laughed at the notion that the receivers are doing something special so that they’ll get more targets.

“I think most guys I’ve been around know I’m going to aggressively take advantage of what the defense is giving me,” Stafford said Wednesday, via Kevin Modesti of the Los Angeles Daily News. “And on a given play, whether [the pass goes to] Cooper or Rob doesn’t really matter to me.”

Stafford mentioned positive qualities for each of Los Angeles’ top five wideouts on Wednesday, complimenting Kupp’s understanding of the offense, Woods’ route-running ability, Jackson’s speed, Jefferson’s ability to separate, and Atwell’s work ethic as a rookie.

“There’s guys in there I didn’t even list that I think are really good players that are going to help us come fall, both in the receiver room, the backs, the tight ends,” Stafford said. “So I’m just excited about all of it.”

If Stafford’s chemistry with this group of receivers develops as expected, Los Angeles’ offense should get back to its scoring ways from 2017 and 2018.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PFT: Matthew Stafford excited to play with Rams receivers

BerendsenRam199June 10, 2021 10:24AM

Re: PFT: Matthew Stafford excited to play with Rams receivers

Ramsdude260June 10, 2021 10:26AM