Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Interesting theory...

April 11, 2021 01:12PM
dzrams
Rams43
Well, the answer to that is that the Rams expect to trade back. In fact, based on this evidence, it appears as though the Rams could abandon both third-round picks in an effort to salvo the draft with more than ten picks. That could be incredibly wise, as most draft analysts cite the overall depth of the 2021 NFL Draft as uncanny at cornerback, wide receiver, linebacker, offensive lineman, and edge rusher. Of course, the LA Rams

It's interesting but a theory I seriously doubt. Snead has said that rounds 2 and 3 are the ones they use primarily to build the team. Those are the critical rounds since their model trades 1st round picks for elite players.

They won't be trading both 3rd round picks for later-round picks. 0% chance!

The more likely possibility given the disparity with NFL.com is everyone's draft boards are all over the place.

I could easily see Snead making modest trade downs from 57, 88, and 103, tbh. Emphasis modest.

It all depends on how he’s rated the player values up to, say, 5 or so picks below those points, and most everybody also agrees that this draft is rich in many positions that the Rams desire.

Everybody pretty much agrees that there will likely be a disparity of player rankings this year, at least significantly more than usual due to the Covid restrictions. So, if Snead and his scouting department with all of their analytics prove to be more accurate than most other teams? Well, Snead could hit a couple of extra triples if not HR’s with the extra picks gained in trade.

I’m smelling Opportunity here, y’all.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fascinating article reading between the lines at possible Rams draft strategy...

Rams43600April 11, 2021 06:57AM

dzrams205April 11, 2021 10:03AM

Especially this year

PHDram153April 11, 2021 12:00PM

Rams43178April 11, 2021 01:12PM