Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some BonifayRam on the OL options...

March 02, 2021 09:55AM
Here’s BonifayRam...

Rams have highly experienced OT's but the OG's are much less so. Corbett will enter his 4th season & 3rd season as an expected starter @ RG. Edwards is entering his 3rd season with two seasons as a Ram starting OG. A first season rookie center would still be something not normally seen in the NFL for a team that has SB or Bust stamped all over it. I just do not see it myself.

I certainly do expect to see Snead draft a center with the plan to have him our future starting center ASAP. But presently this team stands to have at least two centers (Shelton/Allen ) that have 3 NFL seasons under their belts you would presume that a 1st season OC to be far behind those two in skills & abilities when on the field of play.

I would say that AW is soundly safe due to his surprising ability to come back so quickly from the mid-seasons serious knee injury to play in two playoff games & the fact his current contract that AW & the Rams signed less than a year ago has a near $6 million in Dead Cap involved if he is released!

A big YES on the question that the Rams need to cut a Ram I would add they need to cut too big Ram contracts (Brockers first then Havenstein) in order to be involved in any UFA action or trade. Not so sure it would be worth that.

We saw two Noteboom's last season #1-starting & playing poorly @ the LG post @ the beginning of the season. #2- after Noteboom returned from a calf injury that kept him out for over a month, I saw a very good starting young LT. Kromer saw that too & never moved Noteboom back to LG again kept him as the back up to AW @ LT. The way I see it the Rams have 2 starting caliber LT's in Noteboom & AW with both of them able to start @ RT if needed. I also see that if RT Havenstien is traded or a center or draft pick the Rams have 3 or more good RT prospects ..(One already started a half-season in his rookie year @ RT).
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some juicy tidbits in this Elmgrovegnome post...

Rams43396March 02, 2021 09:43AM

Some BonifayRam on the OL options...

Rams43231March 02, 2021 09:55AM